Be aware with passwords

Everything Else

Be aware with passwords

Postby labao11 » 16 Aug 2013, 04:53

Hi, i just experienced yesterday a very unusual case, as we know, one of the biggest PTC in the industy had a major ddos atack and was shot down for 12 hours or more. I did received an Email from one of my PTC´s and he told me, somebody wants to cashout but to a different Email adress. I thought, it´s a joke. But it wasn´t. Somebody did gain control over my account nad tried to cashout. Thanks to the owner , who did recheck with me, so we found out, his database was cracked.

So be aware, never use passwords twice or request pin. Me either, i do always change, we never know if somebody, even some Admins, play a strange game to gain control over anothers account.

Thanks for reading and take this advice serious.
labao11

Re: Be aware with passwords

Postby Bucks 24/7 » 16 Aug 2013, 05:15

Really great post. Informative and wise. Thank you very much.

labao11 wrote:never use passwords twice
Exactly. Additionally you could use some formfiller/password managing tool like roboform or webreplay and you won't even have to remember all those different passwords...

labao11 wrote:we never know if somebody, even some Admins, play a strange game to gain control over anothers account.
Just for your information: I have no access to passwords/pins because of the script/host. I can only reset your passwords :-)
Bucks 24/7

Re: Be aware with passwords

Postby labao11 » 19 Aug 2013, 03:48

I didn´t said, it happend on a Bux script, it was a different script. Anyway, i did changed a lot of my passwords in the last 48 hours, still a little bit scared.
labao11

Return to Everything Else